What happened? People seriously what happened?
Last year I ventured out and lived a healthy low-carb life with an abundance of fresh vegetables and healthy fast, as well as a ton of creativity in my tiny purple kitchen in Munich.
And yet whilst I have not been eating enough sometimes, I enjoyed getting creative and experimenting with new paleo/ low-carb recipes and how I felt with it. And somehow I lost this for the past months and kind of got obsessive with certain foods and had them over and over and over again.
And I will still enjoy protein pancakes, quest bars and other delicious stuff once in a while, I want to get back to my roots and add variety, above all natural ingredients and creativity back on the menu.
Hence I’d like to share another healthy lunch or dinner recipe with you – very customisable and easy to quick for all of those working long hours, juggling a family or simply eager to skip the carbs at night.
DISCLAIMER: usually I like to buy spinach frozen as you get may more bang for the buck, but somehow fresh spinach leaves laughed at me yesterday and I feel I benefit from an extra fresh load of greens with them now. #summerfood.
Summer Spinach Omelette
The perfect way to have a light, but satisfying dinner option for those hot summer days, when our appetite might not be high anyways. Both hot and cold to be enjoyed with zoodles, veggies or a salad.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 handful of chopped mushroom
- 1 handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 sliced bell pepper
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- mozzarella cheese (optional, if you eat dairy)
- zucchini pasta, steamed vegetables or crunchy salad leaves.
- Crack the eggs into a non-stick baking pan and season them with garlic powder, salt and pepper and a splash of sriracha. Add the baking powder and mix up.
- In a small sauce pan quickly sear mushrooms and throw in the spinach just for 1 minute to wilt quickly, but not completely.
- Pour the veggie mixture into the egg mix and randomly stir – the batter does not have to be even.
- Top the omelette mix with peppers and cheese and bake in either your microwave/ air fryer or pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Spritz with additional sriracha and seasoning and serve or store it in the fridge.