As mentioned in my previously posts, protein makes an essential part of my diet – obviously for an active paleo – and I am super happy with having found my favourite vegan, gluten-free protein powder in the delicious VEGA Protein Smoothies.
If you read up why, you will find out that the product is not available for sale in Germany and I have to resort to Amazon and my PRIME account to deliver in time, but somehow Bavaria’s countless May holidays must have slowed the shipping down. I needed an alternative.
And googled “bodybuilding supplements munich” – not, that I am a bodybuilder but we all have to admit that those guys are living ads for protein powder. And a centrally located shop called VitaminStore24 had me covered – with a nice selection of protein – I chose an chicken-egg-based, actually 100% paleo conform powder which goes amazing in baked goods like pancakes.
You won’t believe how fluffy and light for example pancakes turn out – I almost couldn’t believe that it takes me to go paleo to taste cloud-like pancakes without flour.
Craving an afternoon snack after a rather tiny lunch today, I was suddenly in mood for something warm, cheesy and flavourful – and with my egg-protein based pancakes being my favourites lately I tried them with a savoury twist.
Behold. Protein. Pizza. Quesadillas. My snack for tonight’s new episode of Game of Thrones by the way.
And just as a quick reminder – the Football Euro Cup is coming up and I will appreciate some healthy finger food just in time for Germany’s victories.
Protein Pizza Quesadillas
Cheese and flour tortillas are a no-go when you want to start slimming down – but a low-carb-high-fat snack can be not only satisfying, but kick-start a ketogenic effect to melt fat, especially with these excellent macros: 1g carbs / 2g fat / 22g protein
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup or 50ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop egg-white protein powder/ protein powder of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of tomato passata
- grilled mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or any other cheese)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or some sprays of non-stick baking spray
- Mix all the ingredients, except of mushroom and feta in your food blender until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan and melt the oil or spray with baking spray – wait until the pan is fairly hot until you add the batter to make the first “pancake”.
- When you see the edges crisping up, carefully flip the tortilla – then start filling one half of it with mushroom and feta cheese.
- Carefully fold the non-filled tortilla half over the filling and flip again one or two times until the cheese starts melting.
- Feel free to add additional fillings – and enjoy whilst warm.