Not only the current Eurocup will make you want to take a bit of those.
Because today is a day to celebrate: whether you want to call it TGIF or FRIYAY, it’s the weekend and the sun is shining – even though Europe’s political future might have suffered a set back last night, life has to go on and we should chose to look at the bright side.
And for me that’s enjoying the sunshine and sleeping in. Working out and doing meaningful things.
So whether you need a quick bite between activities, a snack on a lake or if you are still looking for a healthier plate of pizza bites for those football match buffets – please continue to read and try this variation of something which could be a “veggie-pizza”, a “low-carb pizza” or simply one of the most delicious snacks around.
Portobello Party Pizzas
I simply add a frozen cube of passata to my portobellos, which makes the snack prep even quicker and cleaner.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 tbsp of unsweetened tomato puree/ passata or 4 frozen cubes
- garlic powder
- 8 slices of salami
- 1/2 roasted pepper (if desired)
- 4 tbsp of mozzarella cheese or 8 mini mozzarella balls
- Preheat your oven to 200° and remove the stem from your cleaned portobello mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and add the tomato to the caps before grilling them for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the salami, mozzarella and the peppers into small pieces and mix with a generous sprinkling of the pizza seasoning of your taste.
- Fill the salami-cheese mixture into the mushroom caps and roast them again for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.