“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast” – John Gunther
It’s October already, can you believe it? Where did 2015 go? Out of nowhere our days started to get shorter in Bavaria and the leafs turned golden and red, but are also falling – the weather tends to alternate between sunny late-summer periods and murky, rainy days like today.
And somehow the urge to get up and going winds down as well. I start to prefer staying in bed and the only reason to get up seems to get nice cup of coffee and breakfasts goodies, just to cuddle up again (at least at the weekends).
Before steering into European winter mode and rapidly approaching Christmas, I will have to the chance to see some more sunshine though this year – my vacation to Cuba und Panama seems only a mere stonethrow away and yet I can not wait to finally fly out.
Hence I tried to combine some amazing flavors last night – the perfect combination between summer and autumn – tropical and at the same time warm and comforting: coconut, raspberries and cinnamon.
- 2-3 tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbs chopped nuts
- 1 tbs flax seed
- 2 tbs raspberries (frozen, fresh or freeze-dried)
- 1 tsb cinnmon
- liquid sweetner of your choice (e.g. stevia, honey, agave ...)
- vanilla extract
- Start by mixing all nuts and seeds in a bowl and mix well.
- Fold in your raspberries - gently, but it does not matter if the berries squish a bit.
- Add your seasoning and liquid ingredients and still the mix again, soon you will notice little clusters to form.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and gently roast the granola mix at 175° in your preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Keep checking on the mix, if it turns to brown give the granola a stir and continue to roast it.
- The coconut clusters will go perfect with your (nut) milk of choice or on top of some greek yoghurt.