And suddenly it was almost December and I do not even know where 2015 went – it feel like I have just celebrated New Years and swore to myself that as of January several issues will be solved for good and I will finally get my eating habits, my fitness and weight goals and above all my health in control.
So fastforward almost 12 months – and there I am:
- without mood swings
- more relaxed
- ready to tackle my worklife
- more than ready to smash my workouts
- almost 20lb lighter than at the end of 2014
How did I do it?
No magical pills and no depriving – I actually just took care of some health issues by basically eliminating grains from my diet and being aware of my carb intake – or rather sugar, as healthy carbs and fiber coming from vegetables play a huge part in my meals.
If you are looking for an easy entry to a – let’s call it carb-aware lifestyle, just try to skip starch for dinner. And you will feel and see the changes in body and mind soon, I promise.
After an exiting day at the gym apriring a degree in indoor cycling, my mom surprised me with a perfectly paleo and lchf option, I was happy to warm up with – especially as it started to snow whilst I was hitting the bike.
〰 PALEO 〰 PRIMAL 〰 SUGAR-FREE 〰 GLUTEN-FREE 〰 DAIRY-FREE 〰 LOW-CARB 〰
Beef and Veggie Broth
SOUP FOR DINNER IS AMAZINGLY EASY ON THE STOMACH, AS THE VEGGIES AND MEAT ARE PARTIALLY BROKEN DOWN ALREADY AND EASE YOUR GUT INTO THE NIGHT’ FAST.
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 2 large carrots – chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 finely sliced leak
- 8 cups of low-sodium vegetable stock
- 10 oz of lean beef breast
- horse raddish creme
- In a large pot, bring your vegetable stock (home-made, stock cube or paste) to a boil and add our pre-cut vegetables.
- Then add the meat and turn the heat down to low to allow the soup to simmer for 60 minutes.
- Serve the soup topped with a tablespoon of fresh horseraddish creme for a spicy tang.