For the last couple of weeks, Munich got boiled by the craziest heatwave I can remember – and as a summer child, I vividly remember moaning for the past decade about not even being able to count on proper summer temperatures in my birthday anymore (July 31 – used to be 100% sunshine guaranteed).
Hence I already scheduled my birthday weekend in February to be in Mallorca/ Spain with Jasmina this year – of course amongst other important reasons like missing each other.
So everyone was really looking forward to a breather and a rainy weekend – here it apparently is, at least the temperatures dropped. I’m enjoying some quiet time today, away from beer gardens, mountains, lakes or rivers to calm down and get creative in my lowcarb cavegirl kitchen again.
It’s just been to long.
I was craving a hearty but healthy lunch, so I tried my luck with a lowcarb, therefore crustless quiche with a creamy cottage cheese spinach filling.
p style=”text-align: left;”>
Crustless Low-Carb Spinach Quiche
Low in fat and even lower in cholesterol, spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K – we should have it multiple times a week and not pull a face when we see it.
- 2 eggs
- 200g cottage cheese
- 30g Parmesan/ shredded cheese of your choice
- 50g spinach (I just defrosted leafy spinach)
- salt and pepper
- additional spices of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients in the food processor until the batter reaches a smooth consitency.
- Pour the filling in a quiche pan or small baking dish and – if you fancy – top with additional itmes like ham, tomatoes or courgette slices.
- Pop op into your preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes and serve (or keep in the fridge).