I hope you guys have had the chance to say goodbye to 2015 the proper way – may it be chilled and easy with your family, on a Caribbean cruise or like me at a wedding.
Yes – 2016 was welcomed with open hands at a really lovely couple’s wedding in Austria and the best fact was that I was reunited with a couple of friends, I have not seen for more than 5 years.
Distributed all over the place now, many of my uni mates are not people I see regularly, but my friend Julia’s wedding make us all travel from even the UK to celebrate love, the new year and definitely party like it was 2008.
In my head I sometimes think 2008 is still two years ago – but the fact that we all set out to move to Cambridge will be already 10 years ago in September is both shocking and amazing, when we look at each other and see where life led us: jobs, children, relationships … all of the above, but one thing has never changed: WE LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT.
The best recipe to cure a hangover and to detox after what was the best New Year’s party in years, I like to get healthy fats in, but keep it on the low-carb side without spiking my blood sugar. In combination with a ton of water, the remedy will spiral you back into a healthy start into 2016. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
This recipe will take you only 20 minutes to make, and you will thank yourself after when the hangover is gone.
By the way, I first stumbled across avocado on toast when I visited my friend Jasmina in Los Angeles in 2013 – a combination which was odd for me, but worth a try and now I am happy to recreate it multiple times per week here at home.
〰 PRIMAL 〰 SUGAR-FREE 〰 GLUTEN-FREE 〰 LOW-CARB 〰 KETO 〰 YUM 〰
Avocado & Egg Toast
Avocaod and eggs seem to be a magical combination – yes it seems like a fat-load when looking at the macros but keep in mind that it is healthy omega-3 fats we are talking about here – essential for your metabolism and energy household.
- 45g cottage cheese
- 20g golden flax meal
- 2 egg whites
- baking powder
- spices of your choice
- half an avocado
- 1 whole egg
- red pepper flakes OR sriracha (optional)
- Start by blending up the egg whites, cheese, spices and baking powder in your food processor to create a creamy batter.
- Then add the flax meal and blend it up again until the batter is smooth and thickens a bit.
- Fill some silicone tartlet forms with the dough and bake in your preheated oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, start baking the egg using a silicone muffin tin – simply crack the egg and place it next to the tartlets.
- As soon as the toast is golden brown and the egg whites are set remove from the oven.
- Smear your toast with the mashed avocado, split the egg in half and let the yolk run onto the toast.
- Top with red pepper flakes or sriracha for some extra heat.